Thursday, August 28, 2008

WE CLOSED



We closed on the building. We are now the proud owners of a dinner theatre that needs to be open by November! Gulp! It is in need of some intense cleaning/painting/repair because the previous owner used it as a club but it's totally do-able. The family was down there last night cleaning and taking inventory (I stayed home with the babies). Eventually I'll be going down with the babies but not until the room we have designated for "babysitting" is cleaned and there is a bed set up. This way I can put them to bed there while we work. I am OK with breaking bedtime every now and then but I don't want it to become a habit so there needs to be a place where they can go to sleep :)

On the home front things are going remarkably well. I must say that I am making the transition to being Mom of two quite well. I'm very proud of me...if I do say so myself! Towards the end of the day my patience is running thin but I think that is normal. The kids have been great though. Eddie tries to listen and I really think he is trying more and more sounds out. A word has GOT to be coming soon...I can feel it. Fiona is growing and changing every day. She's much calmer these days and easier to appease. She smiles easily and has been talking a lot!! Last night was her first night in the crib. She did very well. She went to bed at 8pm..or...so...and didn't wake up until 2:45am. The problem was that she didn't go back to bed until 4:15am. She wasn't crying. She was actually in a great mood. Smiling at her mobile and at Mommy. She was really adorable so how could I be mad??? I feel yucky today though because Eddie had his normal 5:58 am wake up. GRRRRRRR. It's all good though because for the third day in a row they gave me corresponding naptimes!!!! YAY! I really am enjoying being home with them though.

1 comment:

Ally said...

Congrats on the theatre! Id love to hear all about it. Your doing great Mommy of 2!!! Hang in there.

XOXOXOX