Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mini-Vacay!

Ed and I took a MUCH needed vacation with the kids for our 6th anniversary.  We didn't go far.  That's impossible at the moment as we are short handed at the theatre and Ed can't be too far away.  We rented a very small but very sweet and private cabin about 30 minutes(or less) from our house.  It seems that every time we go away we rent a cabin somewhere but we love it so!!! There was a beautiful screened in deck off the living room.  GREAT for morning coffee or letting the kids go out and play without kids or toys falling off the edge!!!! It was close to Watauga lake and to town so we were able to run out for groceries or to the playground and had our first movie experience gone better, we could have taken them all to a drive in movie.  It seems these little getaways are always waaaaaaaaay too short.  I always want one more day.  I think Ed was actually toying with letting me get my way but unfortunately, the cabin was booked for the day we were scheduled to leave :-(  Hopefully we can get away again (a few times) this summer.  I love our private family getaways with just us. 

My handsome little man.  Relaxing on the "up bed" as they sweetly called the top bunk on the bunk bed.

Fiona on the "down bed"(aka-bottom bunk).  They LOVED the bunk beds....SHOCKER!

Maggie even got in on the act.

Striking a pose on the "up bed".  He wants a bunk bed very badly now.

You'll notice that I take a lot of hand held shots of me and the kids or me alone.  That would be because my husband RARELY pics up the camera and I'm trying to document things!!! LOL.

Add caption



Relaxing on the futon which at night became Ed and my bed.  We let the kids have the bunks.  Well....bunk.  We laid them all out on the bottom bunk for safety.

Happy 6th anniversary sweetheart! I personally think we look very cute together in our new glasses ;-)

Yup.  I take lots of pictures of myself.  Caught. 

At the park.

Daddy instructing Fiona how to make her way across on the monkey bars. 

Mr. Eddie and he is beyond excited to be at the lake.


I don't remember what that face was for but it is melting my heart.

Group shot.  Ed took about 6 of these and nobody would look at the same time.



Bathtime at the cabin.

OK.....Ed took this shot.  Isn't it flattering?  He was awake in the middle of the night trying to get some work done and took a shot of our anniversary bed.  Nice huh?  I think Eddie eventually joined me too.


It was a wonderful vacation.  Can we go back now???

No comments: