Sunday, July 3, 2011

Can We Go Home Now????

So I have been super excited to take Eddie and Fiona to their first movie.  Cars 2.  Not that I'm the hugest Cars fan but because it was their FIRST movie ever in a movie theatre.  It was a milestoe of sorts.  I figured they were more than ready seeing as they are three and four and a half.  I couldn't have been more wrong.   Maybe I had built the whole thing up in my head too much.  Maybe the previews and waiting around for the actual movie to start was waaaaay too long.  I think it was probably a bit of both.  Seriously.......the coming attractions and the Toy Story mini-movie seemed like a whole movie to Eddie and Fiona.  By the time the actual movie began they were done.  Fiona began with the questions "why did the car do that?", "who is that?", "Is it over now?"...and on and on.  Then she started singing to herself and talking to herself and climbing and squirming.  When Eddie said that HE wanted to leave we were SO out of there.  I must say my sweet hubbs took it in stride.  I would have expected him to be more upset since he paid good money for a movie we didn't even get to see (not to mention the snacks and drinks) but he was good.  He just seemed happy knowing that the parts of the movie and the previews that they did see made them happy.  One day we'll try again.  For now I think we'll stick to renting movies and Netflix.


Eddie and Fiona at Smoke On The Mountain rehearsal before the movie.
The car ride on the way to the movie theatre.  Doesn't Eddie look thrilled?  In his defense he simply did not want to have his picture taken.
Lunch before the movie!  Mexican.  Yum!!!

Outside the theater.
Eddie had to hold her head up because she wouldn't look up.
Fiona watching the movie before it all fell apart.
I think my kids were honestly more amazed thar we let them eat junk they can't usually have.  That may have been their favorite part.
A really blurry shot of Mommy and Fiona.
It was still a really great day together(even if we didn't see the whole movie). 

No comments: