Thursday, July 15, 2010

6 months old!!!

Six months already? Seriously???? Time really DOES fly! I think since she's the baby(for now-and yes I believe we are going to wait a little bit longer before the next one but I am 36 folks) that Maggie is taking her sweet time with milestones. Then again...maybe not. She CAN sit up but doesn't do so well with it. Kind of like her sister. When she's really angry at us she'll say "ma" and "da". She's all about playing with sounds. Clicking her tongue, blowing bubbles, sticking her tongue out, rasberries and the like....
We just started food and I think she's starting to warm up to it. She wasn't nuts about applesauce but she went ape(tee hee) over bananas! She's had apples mixed with bananas and plums mixed with bananas and liked them too. I'll probably try sweet potatoes next. I've been pureeing her food in my mini food precessor and freezing it. It's not hard and it's fun so we'll see how long I keep it up :)
I have no idea what my child weighs or how long she is. Yes, I realize I could stand on the scale with her to get an idea but A) I do not own a scale and B)I do not wish to know what I weigh at this point. I've got 30+ lbs. to lose and I'm not brave enough to step on a scale until I've been dieting for about a month or so!! So ANYWAY...I don't know what Maggie weighs. I am assuming somewhere in the 20lb. range. She's a big girl. We're switching pediatricians so we'll be going sometime in August.

I also feel like she's been teething FOREVER!!! Both Eddie and Fiona got their first tooth almost the exact day they turned 6 months old. Maggie seems to be taking her time. In her defense she's only 6 months and a little over a week so I suppose she's still got some time....











































No comments: