Saturday, August 18, 2007

Grandfather Mountain

Yesterday Mommy, Daddy, Eddie and lots of family went to Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina. We had an amazing time! It was so beautiful! I don't think I can even describe how it looked and felt to be that high up. Eddie had a blast being up there. He just looked around the whole time in amazement.








You can see here. This is his "taking it in" face. He just looked around and did just that.













Mommy, Eddie and Daddy at the top of the mountain. Daddy and Eddie were a lot more chill about being at the top of a mountain than Mommy was. I have to admit I was freaking out just a bit.























Here's Daddy and Eddie up a bit higher than Mommy was willing to climb. They didn't go up all the way though because Mommy was terrified her baby bird was going to fall down the mountain.








Here is Ute and you can see the swinging bridge we had to cross. Cool but terrifying too!












Grandma June at the top of the mountain.

















After we were done we had lunch at the restaurant and then we took a walk through the nature preserve. We saw so many cool animals and we got to feed the bears. They were so amazingly cute. The beavers were pretty darn cute too! I didn't get a picture of them though. Unfortunately Eddie missed the animals because he fell asleep. That's OK though. I'm sure he'll be making many trips to Grandfather Mountain as he grows up!







A Bald Eagle...how cool. This one was in captivity because it is injured from a gunshot wound and cannot fly.








How cute is this bear?



Well, we had a great day and I will post more pictures when people email them to me as I stink at taking pictures when we go places. I always get so caught up in enjoying the moment that I forget to take my camera out!

Love,
Moira

No comments: